The mission of The Rotary Foundation is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.
The Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation supported solely by voluntary contributions from Rotarians and friends of the Foundation who share its vision of a better world. Donations to the Foundation help fund service projects and programs worldwide that support Rotary's seven causes - Promoting peace, Fighting disease, Providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene, Saving mothers and children, Supporting education, Growing local economies and Protecting the environment.
Rotary's educational programs promote international understanding by bringing together people from different countries and cultures.
- Rotary Club of Waterbury offers scholarships to High School Seniors who are going on to a college or university. See your school's guidance office for more information and applications.
- Rotary Foundation offers Rotary peace fellowships designed for leaders with work experience in peace and development. Our fellows are committed to community and international service and the pursuit of peace. Each year, The Rotary Foundation awards up to 50 fellowships for master’s degrees and up to 40 for certificate studies at premier universities.
- Youth Exchange - The Rotary Youth Exchange program offers the widest variety in international destinations when compared to other exchange programs. As a Rotary student, you will enjoy the opportunity to visit more than 85 countries in Europe, Asia, Australia, South Africa, and the Americas.
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) - leadership training program for students in grades 10, 11 and 12 (Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors)
- Interact - Service clubs for ages 12 - 18
- Rotaract - Service club for young men and women ages 18 to 30
The Four-Way Test is a nonpartisan and nonsectarian ethical guide for Rotarians to use for their personal and professional relationships. The test has been translated into more than 100 languages, and Rotarians recite it at club meetings.
Of the things we think, say or do
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?